Thursday, April 21, 2005

Ok who gave me their share of bad Karma?

So it was starting to look like I going to have to do the whole waking up at 3 am thing again tomorrow because my parents connecting flight got cancelled. All because a phone system went down, and it only took me 45 minutes to find out what's going on of which about 35 of that was waiting on hold on various phone systems. Seriously what the fuck is going on at US Airways? I can track an order pretty much to the minute in any number of systems around the world including ours, but when it comes to figuring out what is up with a cancelled flight and my parents I get shuffled through 4 different phone systems.

Heaven forbid I can't track an order I place online instantly but information like trying to track down and figure out what's happening with my parents and their flight seems like rocket science. I'm starting to think that our consumer-goods society has things a little backwards. I shouldn't have had to wait at all to get in touch with someone let alone go through 4 phone systems and wait on hold for 35 minutes. At least the lady I talked to when I finally got a competent person on the phone was able to track down as much information for me as she could and quickly.

To top everything off I'm still waiting for the parental units to call back and confirm everything is ok (which they did as I was editing this) and here I am about to take a screening call from a recruiter for a job I applied for... why does all of this have to happen on a day that I woke up at 3 am? (I must have collected some bad karma)