Tuesday, May 10, 2005

A nice coffee, a smoke and a search query problem

Yes the day before I'm officially done my last class and I came into the office this morning not feeling the negative effects of stress. Its a very strange feeling because I've been so stressed out for months that I'm actually in a good mood in the office. Yes you heard me correctly.

Mind you having one of my 3 or 4 coffees this morning is always a nice thing but it's about time to start looking into the problem at hand: debugging the search functionality on one of our sites. The stupid thing is displaying product that has been deleted (though not from the DB). Seriously nothing momentous but it should keep me out of trouble for a few hours at the least.

And we named the guppies last night; I know its very sad that we named six little fish and what’s a bit sadder is we named them with actors names. Their names are: Brad Pitt, Sean Connery, Harrison Ford, Ethan Hawke, Johnny Depp and finally Marlon Brando. We also fed them for the first time last night and I've got to say the little fish named Marlon Brando is one crazy greedy little fuck. We dropped the food in for them and the flakes were pretty big, Marlon took one of these huge pieces into his mouth and just swam around with it eating it very slowly. But when other fish would come by and nibble at this big piece he'd get all aggressive. So I was starting to think that this big flake was stuck in the fish cuz he was doing this for a while. Then the stupid little fucker let the food go and sucked it back in continuing to swim around like that for another 10 minutes. There was more than enough food to go around but the greedy little bugger didn't want to give up his flake. Guess even in the little brains that fish have there is room for greed!


Crap I'm out of coffee.