Monday, June 13, 2005

A Definition

Apathy

   1. Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference.

   2. Lack of emotion or feeling; impassiveness.




My hair still wet from the shower and the clean clothes still fitting nicely without any wrinkles I look at myself in the mirror as I enter the bathroom to wash my teeth and barely recognize the person staring back at me.


Its just my imagination


I look down into the sink, get the water going get my toothbrush put the mint green toothpaste on it. The minty sensation of the toothpaste hits my mouth as I start to brush my teeth, 'I've always liked the taste of this toothpaste' I think. Finishing up I rinse my mouth out and again look up at the mirror and I'm struck by the same sensation... who is this person?


Is it just my imagination.


I shake my head and step out of the bathroom and finish up getting ready to leave for work. Make sure that everything is in my computer bag, I grab a fresh water bottle, make sure that my sweetie has everything and help if she need any carrying her stuff. We head for the door and the mirror all but jumps out at me: Who is this person... I don't know him


It's not my imagination


The thought of going into work sparks anger and resentment at the world... I would rather be beaten then go into the office. But thats ok the anger will fade by the time I get to the office so I won't snap at anyone... maybe glare a little.


But one day I just won't get out of bed... the apathy will have claimed me completely.