Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Weather

Since the weather is different all around the globe I should quantify my comments by saying that the weather in Toronto the past few days has been pretty warm (around 30 degrees celcius) and pretty muggy. This is pretty typical summer weather in the city and its not particularily pleasant if you have to stand in it for extended periods of time or if you've got to do physical labour in it.

But with that said this isn't abnormal by any stretch of the imagination, Its the middle of June. But it never ceases to amaze me how many people complain about the weather and how hot it is or that there's too many clouds or its been raining too much lately. We've got virtually no control over the weather; prepare for it and just deal with it. There's any number of ways that you can get the weather reports from the internet to TV. And a muggy 30 degree day in the summer is normal and kind of a nice reprieve from a blustery winter so stop bitching about it and enjoy it. I'll let you bitch about the -30 temperatures with a biting wind, that's no fun to be in no matter how you look at it.

I don't recall where I read this (and I know its not mine) but don't worry about the things you can't change, you'll give yourself ulcers if you try. (I think it might have been Dale Carnigie but I might be mistaken).