Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A bit antisocial and a long break

For those of you who’ve come to this site with some regularity you know I haven’t been writing much lately. This is partly because I’ve been really busy, partly because I’ve been out of town for an extended long weekend, and partly because I’ve been a bit antisocial lately. I’m in one of those odd funks where I really don’t say very much and when I do say something I keep it pretty short. I even remained this way when I was away at the cottage for 5 days. I guess it happens every so often where we just need some quiet and we really don’t have anything earth shattering to share with the world.

For me it’s been a very nice break… with a bunch of introspection. I started going through a career book. Its one of those books that helps you figure out what you’re best at, what you enjoy and what you’re really looking for in a job. I’ve really not been happy with my job for a while and instead of just finding myself a new job, which I had been kind of doing for a little while. I figured just in case it’s not really the job that’s a problem but I’m the problem I decided to figure out what exactly about this job was bugging me so that if I do get another job I don’t repeat the process. It would really suck going to a new job only to hate it as much as I hate going into work in the mornings.

I have discovered a few things and I’m going to keep plugging through the book since it seems to be pretty good and the author’s accreditation looks to be pretty valid. I’ll probably write an entry in the near future when I’ve gotten through more of the book. Till then I’ll keep my office door closed and I’ll try to post more.