Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Book Review – Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Well I recently finished this book and I’ve got to say that I am incredibly impressed with this book, probably more so than any of the others. Each book in the Harry Potter series follows the main character Harry through each year of his magical schooling but this is also the very first book in the series where I’m just clamoring to get the next one; unfortunately this wait is at best two years off. The knowledge of this wait was driving me absolutely batty while I was reading the book, which incidentally I couldn’t put down.

The story is developed further and a lot of the characters developed a great deal in this book, which is nice to see. The over arching story arc is now becoming clearer and the final book will undoubtedly be the climax of the series… and I don’t want to wait till it’s published a couple years from now. I want it NOW damn it. But there isn’t much I can do about it.

For all of you that refuse to read these books because they’re children’s books or worse yet don’t want to read them because they’re so popular and mainstream they are definitely worth the read and quite enjoyable in their own way (especially this latest one)

And now I’m going to stop writing or I might give out some spoilers.