Monday, October 03, 2005

The new world president is...

I found this amusing, in a poll conducted similar to all those fantasy leagues the person who would become the leader of the world government is Neslon Mandela followed by Bill Clinton. The funny thing is about half the people who participated in this were Americans; which leads me to think that the current president isn't nearly as loved as he would like to admit. Needless to say the fact the Fidel Castro was higher on the list than Mr. Bush definitely made me chuckle a little.

I can't say that I agree with everything on this list but at the very least it's somewhat telling when a leader of a communist nation ranks higher than the current president of what is arguably the most powerful nation on earth. Though I have to say that I'm not all that surprised that a lot of very powerful business people made this list in very prominent positions. People who's companies (or companies they run) are doing very well are definitely very good candidates for running an effective government (at least one that gets things done).

Links:
Mandela wins BBC's 'global election'

Categories: , , , ,