Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Nice Mini-vacation

As the trip wound down sunday night I was thinking (yes I do manage to do that from time to time) that it was a really nice trip. Yes, I know, nice is the term used when you don't really have anything specific or spectacular to say about something but it wasn't bad. Well this trip wasn't meant to be some grandious adventure but a relaxing getting away from the day-to-day grind and that it accomplished admirably. We (GF and I) spend a couple days in Niagara and a couple days in Niagara-on-the-Lake, we gambled, we drank... a lot, we ate out, we chilled, we did wine tastings. It was very relaxing so much so that I don't want to be at work today... but I've got to pay for the stupid trip somehow.

We went and saw a dinner theatre show in Niagara-on-the-Lake (called Henry VIII) and I've gotta say with the amount of people they crammed into a room poking fun at them for 2-3 hours it was a lot of fun. I ended up having to show the fact that I was wearing white socks with dress shoes (feel free to laugh at me) and got picked on a handfull of times. If you're ever in Niagra-on-the-Lake check it out for 55$ the meal was good and lots of booze gets passed around as part of the cost.

The Hotel in Niagra-on-the-Lake was awesome, I've stayed in many a hotel and I don't think I've quite enjoyed a room for a decent price as much as this one. The price was reasonable, the hotel was old and had character. So what hotel you ask? It was the Moffat Inn... and I highly recommend it.

So that was the trip in a nutshell... I could write more but I don't want to take up too much time.. this was a mini-vacation, not a full one (too bad). I did get a chance to think about the direction of this blog a bit... but more on that later.