Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A belated Merry Christmas to all!

I haven't posted for a few days because of Christmas, there was shopping, and eating and drinking that needed a lot of attention not to mention a couple well deserved days away from the fucking hell that is computers. Don't get me wrong I love computers and the internet but there are times when a break is definitely in order and this was one of those times for me. I didn't want to think about work, about doing anything that resembled a necessity to do anything that I didn't want to do. But alas now it's over and my bank accounts are screaming at me... so be it let the fuckers scream I'll deal with them as need arises.

So I hope everyone had a merry Christmas and that they spent time with loved ones, had lots of good food and even more importantly a few strong drinks to get us through all of this. I loved all my gifts... and everyone who got one should love theirs. I know a lot of those gifts passed around this year were pieces of shit but when it comes down to it, it's the thought behind the gifts that counts. If aunt Betty got you something so ugly that it makes you blind just looking at it, remember she got it for you thinking you'd like it. Put the thing away, sell it, burn it... do whatever is necessary to get the hideous thing away but don't forget that there was generosity in the giving of the gift. And next year if you don't want to get that type of shit put together a specifc list and give it to people... it'll make their lives easier as well as yours.

So in closing I really hope that everyone is enjoying the season, I know I am and I'm going to over the New Years (even if I can't afford to fly to the tropical island of my choice to live it up). Remember also that it's the new year, the magical time that everyone uses as a lame excuse to change their ways, to make themselves better and all that warm and fuzzy shit. It's an excuse but a good one... use it even if you only succeed for the first few weeks.

Cheers! (DRINK UP!)