Monday, December 19, 2005

Death of a Blog

A few weeks ago I started a hockey blog, I was writing analysis, previews and shit like that. It was a lot of work but I stuck with it for a while but as the days and weeks went on I didn't get any return visits nor could I put in the effort I really wanted. This blog started to suffer because I wasn't putting the effort in and this is a blog where I write any ol shit that comes to mind. I've decided that I'm going to drop that hockey blog; it seemed like a good idea at the time but the effort that was needed was too much and the rewards too little. I'll leave it up for a day or two just in case I change my mind but I don't think so... a failure when it comes to blogging for me. A first no less.

I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting but I think the amount of effort that I put into it was a bit too much regardless of what I wanted as an end result. I know I can stick it out but I don't think the vision behind the site/blog was sound and I don't know what I'm getting out of it other than following the hockey scores very closely. All good things come to an end and that poor blog wasn't very good so it's end is nigh I think.