Friday, December 02, 2005

Movie Review: War of the Worlds


Yesterday my GF and I had the day off... so what's there to do? well the fact that she's got the cold limited the number of things we could do but renting a movie was on the list of things that were ok. So we rented War of the Worlds.So what did I think of it? Well it was very well done, unfortunately it wasn't a great story as far as I'm concerned. I saw the original a long time ago so I don't remember any of it so it was like I knew nothing about the story. The end result was that the movie over all looked pretty, but was a dud as far as I'm concerned. The acting was passable at best, there were loads of plot holes and Tom Cruises character just did things that didn't really make a lot of sense. I found it rather aggrivating more than anything else. There was a great deal of screaming and shouting that although appropriate in a situation like an alien invasion really made the movie hard to watch. There are sections of the movie that simply don't make much sense. Not to mention I was very unsatisfied with the ending, I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it and wants to I simply didn't like how it ended. Now that could be the way the original one ended but... bleh. So aside from the pretty effects nothing terribly special. I'm glad I didn't see this one in the threatre.

Tags: , ,