Thursday, December 29, 2005

New Years Goals


New Years is the time of year that people use as an excuse to get absulutely blasted and you know what I can't argue that, mind you I don't really need a good excuse for that one. It's also the time of year that people start with New Years resolutions and in the past I've always thought it was stupid to use this as a starting point to make some changes. I still think that but I will admit that it is as good a time as any to make changes and review what you've done over the past year and to try fixing things for the new year.

So this year I resolve not to worry about making new years resolutions but goals for the new year. I do want to make some changes like getting the fuck out of debt and sadly I know better than anyone else that this is more than a project for one year but it's time to get serious with this one. I'm also going to change the template of this site... I'm quite sick of this one and I've already started cleaning it up; so in a week or two maybe I'll have the time to put in a nice shiny new template for this blog.

I guess the biggest change when it comes to goals and 'resolutions' for me this year as opposed to other years is not so much trying to get to the gym or quit smoking (which isn't likely to happen just yet) or cut back on the drinking (which again isn't likely to happen any time soon) but it's more that I want to figrue out what I really want to do. I've got a job that brings in decent money but I'm not happy here, I want to really sit down and figure out the why's and what I want to do... this isn't something that I'll be able to just do on a whim but something that'll take some time. Most of my goals for the new year are along those veins and I think it's time to start getting my life in order... too many years of floundering around treading water and sadly I think this is the first time I've truly put that in writing though I've been thinking about it for years now.

Anyhow there were definitely be a lot of drinking this weekend!