Friday, January 27, 2006

The 'Lost' thing

Whenever people yap about a show being so great and I should watch it I tend to pay it about as much attention as I would a cloud passing in the sky. It just never registers as something that I should pay attention to; I rarely watch actual TV so even if the show is good I'm probably not going to have the time to watch it anyways. The most annoying thing for me about TV is all the advertising breaking up the flow of a show so my solution to this recently has been to simply watch the DVD when it comes out. So far I've watched Firefly, Buffy, and Angel this way and I've got to say that if I had to watch Buffy or Angel on TV they might have lost me on the filler episodes but because there was no comercials the flow of the shows continued and I stayed interested.

So back to the whole Lost thing, last night my GF and I rented the first disc of season one of Lost, just to see what the whole thing was about. We've heard lots of good things about the show so it was time to see for ourselves. Well needless to say I think I might just end up watching this one on TV. Its good, the two part pilot and the two other episodes on the disc just rocked. I think we're going to get the next disc if not two tonight and just start watching the show.

The people that have been singing the praises of this show were actually right. I want to see more of it.