Friday, February 03, 2006

A Blah Friday

It's kind of strange that I'm so blahed out on a friday but I am maybe it has something to do with the weather; or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm so totally blahed out by work? I'm leaning towards the second mostly because I actually like rainy days. A couple days ago my GF mentioned that I should probably just start looking for another job to which my response was I'm going to wait till April to see what comes of the possible thing I've got lined up.

But the more I think about it the more I think I should take her advice and just start looking for something new right now. The biggest thing that she mentioned was that as long as we've known each other (close to 2 years now) I've disliked my job and it's been making me unhappy. She's right, as much as I might say it's not that bad or blah or blah it really is making me unhappy. Does that mean that this is a bad place to work? Not at all I honestly think that this is a pretty good place to work, just not for me.

At lunch while enjoying a beer-y beverage I was making a list of things that i wanted to do, things that I was looking for in a job and then I started looking at the list of things that I think have got wrong for me here and the list is wrong and most of those are my fault meshed with the fact that this possition is simply not challenging enough for me without the type of direction I want. Does that mean I was able to answer the quintesential question of what I would consider the perfect job? Fuck no I've barely got an idea what I would be good at and still enjoy at the same time. I think I need to seriously have a look around and see what's out there on top of that I should figure it out what exactly I could do that would make me a happy camper because I come into the office each morning more out of habbit now than anything else. I see lots of people around here that are happy so it's not necessarily the company or even the job but for me there's something wrong with it and I really need to change that before I loose what little is left of my sanity.

So how does one go about figuring out what the perfect job would be? How do I find myself a job that I would actually enjoy? - Right now I don't really know.