Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day!

This is such a halmark holiday its not even funny. Personally I've never really been big on holiday and this one sucks particularily large if you don't have someone to spend it with. So my take on is now, enjoy it if you can, ignore it if you don't, and don't make a big hoopla about it either way.

You hear about people going all postal type of crazy with what they do on valentines and I just don't get it. Why do you need a special day of the year to go do something with the person you care about? I don't think you do. If someone needs a special day of the year to do something nice for the person they care about is being coerced more than anything else and the sentiment isn't going to be genuine anyways. I'm more likely to get my GF flowers or take her to a nice dinner in the middle of the week than I am to go nuts on Valentines.

Now with that said we're going away for it... well kinda, it's time to spend some time away from home and just kick back. Yes this means I'm not likely to post something until I'm back within the grasp of my evil computers.

If you celebrate valentines, Happy Valentines. If you hate the holiday, there's been a nice resurgence of anti-valentines sentiment going around... revel in that. And if you're oblivious Happy Tuesday.