Monday, February 27, 2006

The Reset button has been pressed

Yeah we cracked a bit on the weekend and had some smokes, not as many as we would normally have on a weekend where there was some drinking involved but none the less some smokes. I think I've actually gotten over the hardest part of needing a smoke like 10 times a day now I'm down to the cravings when I haven't had one for a while.

So we cracked on saturday, and yesterday I had three smokes (about 1/5th of normal) and the best part for me was I didn't really want two of them and put them out before I was done. I think in the next day or two I might be able to just do the gum.

Now I was asked if this was a valid effort, for as much as I say I'm quitting smoking and still have 2 or 3 over the course of the day does make me a bit of a hypocrite but going from half a pack a day to 2 or 3 a day is a valid effort in my books. Quitting cold turkey is something that is really hard (far harder than I would have imagined), as it is this rather drastic cut down was incredibly hard because of the 12 hour stints without a smoke. It's rough but I think it'll get easier in the next few weeks (it's already gotten easier) and maybe I'll be completely quit by my birthday.