Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Still toughing it out!

I'm now somewhere into the second day of this quitting thing and you know what it's not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I've taken 1 piece of nicarette since starting and caved to having a smoke twice (yeah I know, I know). I'm not as twitchy today as I was at this time yesterday but I have to say that my attention span has just vanished.

I think the hardest part about all of this is not going for the cravings, those would be the times that I'd go take a break. I can go without the smoke, I've proven this to myself numerous times but I did enjoy the breaks. I can still take the breaks but seriously there's nothing to do on a break here other than smoke, which would kind of defeat the purpose.

So the net result is, I've started to loose some of the hacking cough that I had before this grand experiment and that in itself is good thing. If I manage to keep it up for a few more days/weeks I'll probably start noticing the difference in how I feel.

Ugh! Back to work.