Monday, March 27, 2006

V for Vendetta

I was looking forward to seeing V for Vendetta for a little while now; mostly it was because I like Natalie Portman and the Wachowski brothers. I wanted to see what those two were going to do with Portman and I've got to say all the hype and buzz that I was hearing around me with regards to the movie made me a bit worried. So this past Friday my GF and I went to see it and for once the buzz was right and the movie was really good.

Now the thing about the movie that really surprised me was the fact that the messages that they put into it were very timely when it comes to world politics and there was no Americanization of the storyline. The story was set in England but that didn't really matter; it just went to show how a democracy can quickly turn into a dictatorship. The fear mongering that the movie depicted is also something that mass media is helping propagate around the globe today. This movie was a glimpse into a possible future which made it that much more poignant.

I really enjoyed this movie; it was very well done and very enjoyable while making you ask yourself a few questions.

Technorati: ,