Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A slow day

Today seems to be dragging on forever and I'm bored out of my mind. This is the kind of day that I was worried about when I first lost my job. I've been going through the job sites and unfortunately there isn't much in the way of new postings; though I have to say that I haven't really been overly agresive and I've only been hitting Monster and Workopolis. I wonder if I'm not just doing this for the sake of killing time to hear back from that one company that wants to interview me and/or getting that offer from the other company I met. Both are good oportunities but I really should be doing more, not to mention there's tons of stuff that I could be doing around the house but I've just got about as much motivation right now as a sloth.

Hell I came up with a nice long list of topics to blog about yet I'm sitting here playing poker for about 2 hours for no real good reason. I'm not even playing with any real conviction (aka I'm loosing because I'm not paying attention). I've really gotta get off my ass and do something. I think I'm going to have to start making plans for each day with some fucking goals, that way I might actually get some stuff done. On top of all of this I'm still all blahed out cuz my birthday is on monday.

*sigh* I should go do something productive like wash the stupid dishes.