Thursday, May 04, 2006

Movie Review: Stick It

This past weekend I went and saw the gymnastics movie Stick It and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. First off I was expecting this to be some overly cheesy teenybopper flick and although it was a teenybopper flick it wasn’t bad. The story actually held together and made sense at least to me (yes I was sober when I watched it). The thing I liked the most about the story was the fact that they poked fun at the whole judging area and it was obvious that they weren’t just poking fun at the judging in gymnastics but all sports where the judging is subjective.

I also liked the characters, the main character was a rebel but she knew what she was good at and when push came to shove she went and did it. The way they played the story out you could really identify with her and feel for her. The character that Jeff Bridges played was entertaining and in my opinion fairly real… hell I’d be going for the money too.

So if you’re not looking for any grand cinema but something lightheaded and fun then you might like this movie. As long as you don’t go in expecting something great it’s a fun little movie. Ok I’m done… .see I did plan on writing this review.