Friday, July 21, 2006

To Blog or not to Blog

I haven’t blogged the past couple days for a reason and alas it’s nothing dramatic or anything of the sort. I was debating with myself if I wanted to continue blogging on this site with regularity and I guess I’ve come to a conclusion of sorts. I think I’m going to continue to keep this site going but I did want to share the reasons why I was debating keeping the site:

There is no real rhyme or reason to the site.
It’s not specific in any way shape or form. Sometimes I blog about the weather (mostly during hurricane season), sometimes what’s going on with me and my life, sometimes news but there is rarely anything concrete.

Would I read this site?
You know honestly sometimes the answer is yes and sometimes the answer is no. I don’t have a fascinating life and I’m not doing the bar scene or picking women up so the typical fodder will be my struggles through boredom at work or my struggles with quitting smoking or going to the gym. At times I’ve got to say that there simply isn’t anything fascinating to read… for that I apologize to my few regular readers.

Do I have the time to really keep this up?
Well the answer to this one is yes because your average post from me takes maybe 15 minutes. They’re rarely pretty and there’s no pictures or rarely pictures. Could I spend some more time on it? Yeah probably without impacting my regular daily schedule or anything like that.

So I am going to keep the site up and running but I did want to change a few things though I’m not sure that I’ll ever actually get to them. I want to keep the posts regular so if I don’t have anything to say about my life I’ll at least try to come up with a topic that I’m interested about. I’ve also been debating putting more pics up, but instead of images I find around the web I was actually thinking about putting my pics up (not necessarily including me).

I guess the net result is that I like writing on this blog even if I acknowledge that I don’t have huge traffic numbers nor am I likely to get them. I just like writing the posts and occasionally getting feedback from people that read them.