Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Weekend Update

I know that this really should have gone out yesterday but I was so bloody busy with work and then going to the gym after work and then dinner that when all was said and done I had just enough energy to watch canadian idol and read a bit before having a bout of insomnia as I was trying to fall asleep. Now how's that for a long sentence? Needless to say I didn't write yesterday so here is the update from the weekend.

We already know that I saw The Devil Wears Prada on friday; saturday was a bit of a quiet day which was kind of nice though it would have been cool to be able to shop since that's what I had in mind to do. BUT the stores were closed for a legitimate reason, celebrating your national holiday is always a good reason. So Sunday my GF and I had a BBQ at her parents place, now I know that you're thinking...ooh bbq with the family but no, the family was gone we hijacked their backyard and had 15 ppl over. So needless to say it was a fun affair to celebrate our engagement and eat a fuckload of food. Yes we still have leftovers in tupperware though that should be gone in a day or so.

And on monday we went and saw Superman and I've gotta say I was quite impressed with the movie, though I didn't really know what to expect other than an action flick. It's not as much an action flick as a few other things on top of a some action. It was well made and I liked the story which is saying something for a comic turned movie. Anyhow it was good.

Now you've had your 30 second update from me about my weekend it's time for me to chain myself to my desk for 8 hours and get some work done.

Cheers.

PS. Canadian Idol judges suck! I think Farley is the only one that's even remotely consistent with his comments and.... ugh forget it.