Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fewer Posts of Late

Normally I like to take a few minutes during the day and post a quick blog entry. Lately this hasn’t been happening because I’ve become suddenly rather busy at work. I work as a project manager and I initially got hired to work on a singular large project; since the project has slowed down my number of projects has increased by a little bit… I’ve now got 12 projects to manage with more coming soon. Granted most of those projects are much smaller than the one I got hired to work on but they do take my time.

So why not post at home you ask?

Well the answer to this is I rarely feel like getting on the computer by the time I get home. First off there’s typically the necessary cleaning of the kitchen and cooking of dinner that takes up time and then there’s the more important reason, I don’t get to see my GF all day long and this time after work is about all we get to spend with each other during the week. I would much rather shoot the shit with her than sit in front of the computer playing a game or writing something. Unless of course I have something rather monumental to say (which doesn’t happen very often)

This has lead me to question (again) if I even want to keep this site up and running. Like last time I’ve come to the conclusion that I do want to keep the site up because I like writing on here for me even if most of the posts are inane and not horribly earth shattering. I haven’t had the burning desire to write as I did in the past, I post sometimes because I want a brief break from work… this isn’t a great reason to post.

So what am I going to do?

Well the answer to this is pretty simple… I’m going to post a couple times erratically when the urge or whim grabs me before my vacation (starting this Friday). During that vacation I’m going to ponder long and hard (probably with a few drinks in me) about what exactly I want to do, how I’m going to post and all that fun stuff. I do think I’m going to start posting more pics up but I’ve been really bad about this in the past so I wouldn’t hold my breath just yet.

Ok two posts in one day… I’m impressed with myself!