Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hump Day Update

It’s been quiet at the office the past couple days, both because people are on vacation and because the amount of work is a bit lower than it’s been the past couple months. Now normally this would be a good thing to get all caught up. But I’m just hoping that this isn’t a lengthier trend. But in the mean time this week has been a nice quiet one so far and I’m looking forward to the long weekend coming up to chill at my friends cottage and relax.

For those of you that don’t know we in Ontario are lucky in that we’ve got a holiday weekend in August. I’m not sure how much of Canada has this weekend off but I’m certain Ontario does. The holiday goes by one of two names: Civic Holiday or Lord Simcoe day and regardless of what you call it, it’s a great excuse to go party it up at the cottage catching some rays drinking some beers.

And on that note, the grand experiment is continuing, we’re at day 3 of not drinking and feeling a whole hell of a lot better. The long weekend is pretty much off limits but I think we’ll continue this after the long weekend. It’s amazing how a relatively minor change can make you feel so much better. To top everything off smoking is going out the window on the Tuesday after the long weekend. It’s the day I had planned many moons ago and I’m going to stick to it. I’m getting sick of the smoking and I’m quite looking forward to Tuesday.

Since it’s nice and quiet for me I’ll see if I can post about the boat project later today (unfortunately there won’t be any pics that I took since this laptop doesn’t have a CD drive).