Tuesday, April 15, 2008

One thing at a time!

I'm really frustrated this morning and trying to get to too many things at once. I have to keep reminding myself that I can only do one thing at a time. Start one task and see it through till its finished rather than trying to multitask on too many silly things at the same time. I've discovered that when I try to multitask one thing happens - nothing gets done well and all of the tasks take longer than if I were to do them sequentially but individually.

We live in this hurry up and give me that brain-fart faster than you did yesterday. Unfortunately most of those brainfarts are really just that brainfarts that don't really mean anything in the long run. I am really on this big simplicity kick lately and doing one thing at a time is part of that. It's been a bit of a struggle lately since I keep trying to pull myself into three or four directions at once which doesn't help. A perfect example of this is this post - I got distracted twice and almost started something else once.

ONE THING AT A TIME - you'll be surprised what you might be able to accomplish.