Sunday, June 14, 2009

Random Thoughts and Musings

Many moons ago I started writing on this blog, back in April of 2005 to be exact which makes this blog a little over 4 years old. A lot has happened since I started writing here and a lot has changed. Now don't worry I'm not about to go into a big monolog about what has and what has not happened since then (mostly because that would take me too long to write and frankly I'm being lazy at the moment).

The net result is I am no longer the same person I was when I started writing here and my goals and thoughts are a lot different. One constant is I am still me. I still have goals, I still work, and I still function as part of society. I guess I have undergone a lot of change since I started writing this blog and I think I am slowly starting to get a better grip on who I am and what I want to do.

If you're reading this question a very simple question probably popped into your mind: why the fuck would I care? Well having a good understanding of yourself and where you want to go can mean the difference between being successful and just getting along. I'm still in the latter but less so day by day and year by year.

I've always liked having this site around, mostly because it was my first blog and like the first person you sleep with there is some weird twisted attachement that has formed. I just don't want to get rid of it and I have never pretended that it is anything other than a personal blog so I can vent and rant and just go off on random topics kind of like this one. This site is my own personal soap box unassociated from well pretty much anything else I do.

I am not sure yet what if anything this means for this little blog other than I'm not about to delete it... yet... I have contemplated deleting the posts and starting fresh and linking to everything else I do online. Still up in the air about that. I guess in a strange sort of way I'm just asserting that this is my own little space that no one can get at and its important to have.