Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wow - CD's still exist!!

Yesterday I did something that I haven't done in literally about 4 or 5 years and that is buying a CD. I debated buying the album on iTunes but decided that I'd like to have a physical copy of the CD. I guess I was feeling a little nostalgic and I really like the band so I wanted to support them. The band in case you're curious is the Offspring and this is their latest album Days go by.

Walking into the HMV was quite surreal because I haven't been in one in a couple years and I was surprised how different it was, there were DVDs (which didn't surprise me) and CDs (duh) but there was so much other stuff. T-shirts, books, and even Angry Birds mugs. Really?

This will probably be the last CD I ever buy (unless someone wants one as a gift). The technology is dead and gone. Apple has made sure that we never need to buy a CD ever again and other than the cover art I totally get it.